Friday, September 22, 2006

Slow Cooker Thursday


This is my first time participating in Slow Cooking Thursday. If you want to join, head over to Diary of a SAHM and find out how. This is not a difficult recipe at all - but it is better than any Thanksgiving turkey I have ever had (it is so moist), and the leftovers are great for Turkey Pot Pie (see tomorrow 5 Ingredient Friday for recipe)

Slow Cooker Turkey (thanks Grammie)

One fresh turkey breast (not the pressed kind, but the kind with the bones)
One large onion (or two small ones)
Poultry Seasoning

Cut onion into small quarters; stick inside the turkey cavity.
Season with Poultry Seasoning (I use something called One Step Chicken Seasoning)

Cook at low temperature for 6-8 hours.

This is perhaps the easiest slow cooker recipe - but also one of the best.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this sounds sooooooo good. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe and for playing along, I hope you continue to do so every week :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow I never thought making a full turkey breast could be so easy! I bet this is really moist! You don't need any liquid to put around the turkey?

7:59 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

No liquid...in fact, I usually reserve the liquid broth from the turkey when it is finished cooking.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I always thought there had to be some liquid in the slow cooker, thanks for letting me know this one doesn't need any!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you finding the One Step Chicken Seasoning? I used to have some but can't find it anywhere.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home