Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday Grains of Gratitude















Grains of Gratitude

1. I really owe a debt of gratitude to Christine (Brady's mom) for beginning this blog topic. I was not feeling the most grateful this morning, but after being a bit more introspective, I am happy to be able to turn my temporary "baditude" into gratitude!

2. For the "down" time I get to spend with my kiddos. Yesterday we spent all day running errands together and playing during the afternoon. No schedules, no homework, and we ordered take-out, so no dishes!!!

3. My health and the health of my family. My MIL (who is such a dear, dear woman) is facing a very tough road. Her BIL and one of her best friends are facing challenging illnesses, and we are praying daily for a miracle. I hold them and their families in prayer, and am thankful for the health of my kiddos.

4. I am sooooo very grateful that the "Nap Gods" aligned themselves today and Bubba Bear and Principessa Pickle Bug napped at the same time, allowing me to get a few things done (including this list).

5. My thoughtful DH who sat through a ballet this week, because he thought I would enjoy it. He was right, it was so magical to sit and watch two hours of dance. Oh, how I have missed dancing - one day I will have to do so again (and not just in my living room when no one is watching). I also have to throw in an extra gratitude for my Mother and friend Lilia, who watched the kiddos while we were out! Not an easy feat with the Principessa!

If you are participating, pop over and let Christine of Brady's Bunch know that your list is up.

Blessings to all for a great week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so glad you were able to do this posting and get out of your "baditude" :) It really does help to realize what we have to be grateful for! I'll be keeping your MIL, her BIL and her friend in my prayers as they are dealing with health issues. How nice of your DH to take you to the ballet!

I don't have any pics from last week at the zoo to share! Since it was impromptu I didn't have my camera with me!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does "IMPROMPTU" mean????? :C
Emma


Write back!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home